The Centennial Cask Collection
In the 1960s, the centuries-old Ferrero wineries, in the municipality of Cañada (Alicante), ceased their activity.
Extraordinary conservation conditions in its barrel room have brought to this day a set of very old soleras, unchanged for more than 60 years.
Dry and Sweet Fondillones in the collection
- This large collection of barrels houses classic dry fondillones. But also sweet wines, typical of the characteristic style of Alto Vinalopó.
- In this sub-area of the Alicante Designation of Origin, dessert wines achieved great fame and popularity during the 19th century.
The barrels of the Collection:
- 10 800-liter barrels, from the end of the 19th century.
- 4 barrels of 850 liters, from the late 19th century.
- 11 boots of 500 liters, from the beginning of the 20th century.